Executive TAG Charter
The Executive Technical Advisory Group Committee (Executive TAG) will normally meet once per year. Minutes will be generated from each meeting. The Executive TAG will give advice on improvements to the system, will assist in developing policies and guidelines, may generate interpretations, and may approve selected technical documents. The Executive TAG will assist in developing policies and procedures for all aspects of the accreditation process. The Executive TAG will assist in responding to all needs of our clients with regard to the accreditation process.
- Aid L-A-B with compliance of the technical program to the requirements of ISO/IEC 17011, and requirements of Mutual Recognition Arrangement (MRA) partners.
- Aid in the interpretations of requirement for Accreditation, which includes but is not limited to ISO/IEC 17025, and requirements of MRA partners. These interpretations shall be disseminated to the assessors by LAB administration.
- Continuous improvement of process by assessment and review of current technical policies and procedures
- May review appeals and complaints and make recommendations for improvements to the process.
- Participate in the approval of technical packages for accreditation through completion of technical compliance reports and scope balloting.
- Receive input from various expert committees in relation to the technical and policy requirements of accreditation.
- Responsible for the current committees of the TEC (Testing Expert Committee), CEC (Calibration Expert Committee, DEC (Dimensional Expert Committee), and PEC (Policy Expert Committee).
Desired Outcomes for the Group
Improve overall quality of services provided by L-A-B. Meet or exceed the requirements of our clients, ISO/IEC 17011, and requirements of our MRA partners in all areas. Help implement a sustainable, high quality accreditation program for L-A-B. Through the TAG’s technical competence provides superior laboratory accreditation services.