Accreditation Services Bureau (A-S-B) is a nationally and internationally recognized, nongovernmental, independent, limited liability company. A-S-B operates voluntary accreditation divisions: Laboratory Accreditation Bureau (L-A-B) to accredit calibration and testing laboratories and Inspection Services Accreditation Bureau (IS-A-B) to accredit inspection service organizations. A-S-B provides a service to regulators and specifiers by utilizing sector specific requirements in the assessment by designated divisions for the purposes of meeting those requirements.
Laboratory Accreditation Bureau (L-A-B) is the A-S-B division that accredits testing and calibration laboratories. L-A-B is a multi-service laboratory accreditation division covering many different fields with related disciplines. The laboratory accreditation division is specified by regulators and specifiers for the delivery of ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation. Included in the divisional responsibilities include field sampling and measurement organizations (FSMO) accreditation.
- Step 1 – Download and read L-A-B Manual 003 – ISO/IEC 17025 General Accreditation Requirements – contact L-A-B if you have any questions.
- Step 2 – Purchase a copy of ISO/IEC 17025 and read through the requirements – contact L-A-B if you have any questions.
- Step 3 – Prepare a “Proposed Scope of Accreditation” utilizing the L-A-B Form 28 Series Documents. If you would like to see examples, please utilize our Directory of Labs and search for the type of testing or calibration services you provide, from the “select a category” pull down. Contact L-A-B if you have any questions.
- Step 4 – Click on the link below or at the top of the page to start the accreditation process with L-A-B. Contact L-A-B if you have any questions.
- Step 5 – L-A-B will provide you with a Confidential Cost Estimate and work with you through the rest of the process.