METCAP – Metrology and Calibration Accreditation Program – National Standard ANSI/NCSL Z540.3 subclause 5.3
||L-A-B METCAP Metrology and Calibration Accreditation Program – Laboratory Accreditation Bureau is proud to announce METCAP for both calibration and testing labs. This Metrology and Calibration Accreditation Program is for those ISO/IEC 17025 accredited laboratories who want to be found in compliance with National Standards ANSI/NCSL Z540.1:1994 (R2002) and with sub-clause 5.3 of ANSI/NCSL Z540.3-2006.
METCAP Laboratories control their own measuring and test equipment to the highest of National Standards and in doing so may utilize the L-A-B METCAP mark to show their compliance with ANSI/NCSL Z540.1:1994 (R2002) and sub-clause 5.3 of ANSI/NCSL Z540.3-2006 and their accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025:2005.
METCAP Laboratories apply the requirements of sub-clause 5.3 and calculate the Probability of False Acceptance (PFA) for their own M&TE and where making statements of compliance on reports and certificates for customers. L-A-B has developed the Program Requirements, Guidance, and Checklists to allow any accredited lab to achieve this high level of achievement. With this achievement, both calibration and testing laboratories will be able to provide appropriate data to those customers specifying ANSI/NCSL Z540.1:1994 (R2002) and ANSI/NCSL Z540.3-2006.
Benefits to METCAP
- Be Accredited to a National Standard for Regulator and Specifier requirements
- Meet the Z540.3 Requirements of the United States Navy and NASA and others
- Control your Measuring and Test Equipment quality and reduce the cost of maintaining the equipment
- Utilize the L-A-B METCAP symbol to promote your laboratory business in a competitive marketplace
|How do I become METCAP Accredited?
- To learn more about the program click on the “METCAP Program Requirements” cover page at the right to download a copy for review
- Apply by clicking the “Request a Quote” button below to download and fill out the application L-A-B will forward you a copy of the METCAP Requirements (LABPR-401.1) with a completed application.
- L-A-B will also send you a Guidance Document to walk you through all the steps of adding this to your current scope or help you with a new Scope of Accreditation.
Links to Additional Information for the ANSI/NCSL Z540.3 and the L-A-B METCAP program