L-A-B Field Sampling and Measurement Organization Accreditation Program (FSMO AP)
||(L-A-B: Fort Wayne, IN) – Laboratory Accreditation Bureau has established a Field Sampling and Measurement Organization Accreditation Program (FSMO AP) to assure the competency of Field Sampling, measurement, and other organizations generating environmental measurement data. The L-A-B FSMO Accreditation Program has been developed in response to the new USEPA Policy Directive dated March 28, 2011 “requiring that organizations (e.g. laboratories, field sampling and measurement) generating environmental data under Agency-funded acquisitions submit documentation of their competency, which may include participation in applicable certification and/or accreditation programs.”.
L-A-B has received preliminary recognition for this program to The NELAC Institute (TNI) as an accreditation body to the TNI FSMO Standard (Volume1 and 2 have been incorporated into the L-A-B FSMO accreditation program requirements). L-A-B believes this program will compliment well it’s already NACLA and ILAC recognized ISO/IEC 17025 and DoD QSM accreditation programs. Testing laboratories, regulators and specifiers now have a standard for environmental sampling and field measurement that was not available before to assure the quality of those organizations sampling and measuring in the field. Labs and users of environmental data will be able to require accreditation of suppliers.
Benefits of the L-A-B FSMO Accreditation Program
- Be accredited to ISO/IEC 17025 and the The NELAC Institute FSMO Volume 1 Standard
- Meet EPA Policy requirements
- If combined with the L-A-B DOD ELAP requirements be accredited to ISO/IEC 17025, TNI FSMO Volume 1 and 2003 NELAC Standards for laboratories
- Utilize the L-A-B FSMO AP Technical Requirment Mark (TRM) to promote your accreditation within the United States.
- Be seen as the benchmark of quality through your FSMO accreditation by your clients
|How does my organization become accredited to the FSMO AP requirementsL-A-B FSMO AP requirements
- Apply by clicking the “Request a Quote” button below to download and fill out the application.
- L-A-B will forward you a copy of the FSMO AP Requirements (LABPR-412) with a completed application.
- If you would like a copy to review prior to application just click here or on the cover page
- L-A-B will immediately send you a copy of the LABPR-412 and all related documents and follow-up with the best customer service in the business.
Links to Additional information for L-A-B FSMO accreditation