L-A-B Food Testing Laboratory Accreditation Program
||(L-A-B: Fort Wayne, IN) – Laboratory Accreditation Bureau is proud to announce the finalization of its Food Testing Laboratory Accreditation Program. Accreditation Services Bureau’s Technical Advisory Group (A-S-B TAG) has released LABPR-407 for L-A-B to utilize in the accreditation of food testing labs. It comes in response to an every increasing need in the laboratory testing community for reliable accredited labs in food testing. The program establishes the requirements for laboratories performing chemical and/or microbiological analyses in the examination of food products, ingredients in the production of food, in-process food samples, environmental samples pertinent to foods and final products.
The program is based on the requirements defined within the AOAC International – Guidelines for Laboratories Performing Microbiological and Chemical Analysis of Food and Pharmaceuticals – Revision March 2010 and APLAC TC 007 – Guidelines for Food Testing Laboratories – Issue 3.
Benefits of L-A-B DoD ELAP Accreditation
- Be accredited to ISO/IEC 17025 and found in compliance with AOAC International Guidelines and APLAC TC007
- Utilize the L-A-B Food Testing LAP Technical Requirement Mark (TRM) to promote your accreditation within the United States.
Scope of Testing Activities
The scope of testing applicable for this accreditation program include but may not be limited to the following areas:
- Food Chemistry;
- Food Microbiology;
- Food Rheology and other Physical Testing;
- Food Toxicology;
- Functional Testing;
- Molecular Biology (including testing for genetically modified organisms);
- Sensory Testing.
|How does my lab become accredited to the Food Testing requirements?
- Apply by clicking the “Request a Quote” button below to download and fill out the application.
- If you would like a copy to review prior to application just click here or on the cover page
Links to Additional information for L-A-B Food Testing LAP accreditation