L-A-B ENERGY STAR Laboratory Accreditation Program
||ENERGY STAR Accreditation Program – (L-A-B: Fort Wayne, IN) – Laboratory Accreditation Bureau (L-A-B) is proud to announce the expansion of its laboratory accreditation activities to encompass the ENERGY STAR program, the joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Department of Energy. “The EPA is pleased to inform you that Laboratory Accreditation Bureau has been formally recognized by the Agency to accredit laboratories to conduct testing for ENERGY STAR-qualified products. Product testing in accredited laboratories is an essential part of the ENERGY STAR program’s new testing and verification requirements.
The broad enhancements EPA has put in place will ensure that consumers get the energy savings they have come to expect from the ENERGY STAR label.” L-A-B has developed Program Requirements, Documents and Checklists to allow any accredited testing lab to achieve this high level of achievement to meet the requirements of testing products specified under the Energy Star label. Upon accreditation of the laboratory L-A-B will attest to the technical competence of the laboratory to perform specific testing for products under the ENERGY STAR label. L-A-B is not a certification body nor does it issue the certification marks.
Benefits of L-A-B ENERGY STAR LAP
- Be Accredited to ISO/IEC 17025 for ENERGY STAR test methods for products sold in the United States
- Meet Energy Star requirements under the Enhanced Testing and Verification Program
- Utilize the L-A-B ENERGY STAR LAP Technical Requirement Mark (TRM) to promote your accreditation
- With an approved application from the EPA become a recognized partner as a listed accredited laboratory
|How does my lab become accredited to the ENERGY STAR LAP requirements to service EPA?
- Apply by clicking the “Request a Quote” button below to download and fill out the application.
- L-A-B will forward you a copy of the ENERGY STAR LAP Requirements (LABPR-409) with a completed application.
- If you would like a copy to review prior to application just click here or on the cover page
- Upon Accreditation by L-A-B complete the Application for Recognition of Accredited Laboratories by EPA under the ENERGY STAR® Program Version 1.0
Links to Additional information for the L-A-B ENERGY STAR Laboratory Accreditation Program (LAP)