United States Department of Defense Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program ( DoD ELAP )
||(L-A-B: Fort Wayne, IN) – Laboratory Accreditation Bureau is proud to announce another recognized L-A-B Program by a Specifier in the United States. L-A-B DoD ELAP requirements encompass the United States Department of Defense (DoD) Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (DoD ELAP). On April 1, 2009, at the DoD Environmental Monitoring & Data Quality Workshop held in San Antonio the Chair of the DoD Environmental Data Quality Workgroup (EDQW) announced that the DoD ELAP is relying on the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) arrangement to implement the DoD ELAP laboratory accreditations.
United States-based, ILAC-recognized Accreditation Bodies were invited to apply for this special recognition. L-A-B has been recognized by the DoD EDQW to provide Accreditation for environmental testing laboratories that perform testing in support of the DoD environmental restoration (ER) programs. The DoD EDQW has unified minimum management systems requirements for environmental laboratories that intend to perform work for the Department of Defense across the Components (Navy, Army, Air Force), by publishing the DoD Quality Systems Manual for Environmental Laboratories (DoD QSM). The DoD QSM Version 5 is based on Volume 1 of the NELAC Institute (TNI) Standards (September 2009), which incorporates ISO/IEC 17025: 2005 (E), General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories.
Benefits of L-A-B DoD ELAP Accreditation
- Be accredited to ISO/IEC 17025, DoD QSM, and 2009 NELAC Standards,
- Meet DoD Components requirements to perform work for DoD environmental restoration programs.
- Utilize the L-A-B DoD ELAP Technical Requirement Mark (TRM) to promote your accreditation within the United States.
- Upon accreditation and an approved DoD Denix website Load sheet, be listed on Denix for potential contracts with DoD.
|How does my lab become accredited to the DoD ELAP requirements to service DoD Components
- Apply by clicking the “Request a Quote” button below to download and fill out the application L-A-B will forward you a copy of the DoD ELAP Requirements (LABPR-403A) with a completed application.
- If you would like a copy to review prior to application just click here
- Upon Accreditation by L-A-B the laboratory and L-A-B will agree upon a scope of accreditation that will be used as the basis for uploading to the DoD Denix website of approved laboratories under this program.
Links to Additional information for L-A-B DoD ELAP accreditation