L-A-B Construction Materials Accreditation Program (CMT LAP)
Laboratories recognized under the NACLA CMT Program
||Laboratory Accreditation Bureau (L-A-B) – is proud to announce the expansion of its laboratory accreditation activities to include a Construction Materials Testing Laboratory Accreditation Program (CMT LAP). The minimum accreditation requirements are ISO/IEC 17025:2005, General requirements for the competence of calibration and testing laboratories, NISTIR 7012 – Technical Requirements
for Construction Materials Testing and AASHTO R 18 Establishing and Implementing a Quality Management System for Construction Materials Testing Laboratories.
The scope of the CMT field, as described in this document, includes the following materials areas: concrete and aggregates, cement, soils, bituminous materials and masonry related to construction, steel, NDT and other CMT fields and materials.
Accreditation may be offered for one or more tests in each area. Additional areas may be added upon request. As an option, a laboratory may also obtain accreditation for one or more of the following construction materials engineering standards:
- ASTM E329 – Specification for Agencies Engaged in the Testing and/or Inspection of Materials Used in Construction.
- ASTM C1077 – Practice for Laboratories Testing Concrete and Concrete Aggregates for Use in Construction and Criteria for Laboratory Evaluation.
- ASTM D3666 – Specification for Minimum Requirements for Agencies Testing and Inspecting Bituminous Paving Materials.
- ASTM D3740 – Practice for Evaluation of Agencies Engaged in Testing and/or Inspection of Soils and Rock as Used in Engineering Design and Construction.
- ASTM C1093 – Practice for Accreditation of Testing Agencies for Unit Masonry.
- ASTM E1212 – Practice for Quality Management Systems for NDT Testing Agencies.
- ASTM E543 – Specification for Agencies Performing NDT.
Laboratories seeking to meet the CMT LAP requirements are urged to begin the process immediately by requesting a cost estimate through www.L-A-B.com, or contacting our offices at (877) 476-5227.
Benefits of L-A-B CMT LAP Accreditation
- Be accredited to ISO/IEC 17025, AASHTO R18, NISTIR 7012, and as applicable engineering quality standards.ASTM E329, ASTM C1077, ASTM D3666, ASTM D3740, ASTM C1093, ASTM E1212 and ASTM E543 in a single accreditation.
|How does my lab become accredited to the L-A-B requirements?
- Apply by clicking the “Request a Quote” button below and fill out the on-line application.
- If you would like a copy to review prior to application just click here or on the cover page
- Upon Accreditation by L-A-B the laboratory and L-A-B will agree upon a scope of accreditation.
Links to Additional information for L-A-B CMT LAP accreditation
L-A-B CMT LAP Forms and Document